Forget about the rush hour, as driving can be a relaxing experience that helps you unwind. You’re sitting in a cozy chair, you’re in your personal space, you might be listening to your favorite music, or you might be sharing the car with your favorite person.
Driving quotes can symbolize progress in life, or they might be the perfect gift for someone who has just got their license. Remembering some of these quotes can save someone’s life.
So, let’s dive in to learn more about the best driving quotes and their meanings.
Motivational Driving Quotes
Are you dreading that upcoming road trip? Motivational driving quotes can pump some energy into you before you go behind the wheel. These quotes are usually written or said by avid drivers who always know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes, the author is unknown, although the quote might be extremely inspiring.
You can print one of these motivational quotes on your coffee mug to get fueled up for the road ahead. You can also print it on a shirt to remind everyone that you’re not worried about the obstacles that might come your way.
Sharing these motivational quotes might help a friend or a family member if they’re going through a rough time, even if they’re not driving.
Some of these quotes were said by some of the greatest racecar drivers of all time. This shouldn’t be surprising as these people get the adrenaline rush from speeding and feel happiest and most motivated when they’re speeding with their vehicles.
- What’s behind you doesn’t matter. – Enzo Ferrari
- I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. – Hunter S. Thompson
- Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers. – Colin McRae
- If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones
- Still, round the corner, there may wait for a new road or a secret gate. – John Tolkien
- Driving a race car is like dancing with a chainsaw. – Cale Yarborough
- When speed gets into the blood, one must drive to live. – Rudolf Caracciola
- Racing is what I live for, and it makes my world go around. – Charlie Kimball
- I take the open road, healthy, free, the world before me. – Walt Whitman
- Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car. – Elwyn White
- Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey. – Babs Hoffman
- Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than others. – Ayrton Senna
- There’s no dishonor in losing the race. There’s only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose. – Garth Stein
- Auto racing, bullfighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports… all the others are games. – Ernest Hemingway
- Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long! If you’re going my way, I wanna ride it all night long! – Rascal Flatts
- The cars we drive say a lot about us. – Alexandra Paul
- Sometimes the best therapy is a long drive and music. – Unknown Author
- Don’t follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there’s no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Emerson
- Politics can be linked to driving at night over unfamiliar hills and mountains. Close attention must be paid to what the beam can reach and the next bend. – David Trimble
- Everyone in life is looking for a certain rush. Racing is where I get mine. – John Trautmann
- Getting on the road and driving along a road at night, or even in the daytime and seeing the oceans or whatever, is always liberating. – Chuck D
- Take care of the car in the garage, and the car will take care of you on the road. – Amit Kalantri
- Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost. – Erol Ozan
- People don’t take trips, trips take people. – John Steinbeck
Safety Driving Quotes
Image source: Pinterest
Speeding with your car brings a special thrill, but as you push the engine to its maximum limit, you’ll try your luck. Unfortunately, speeding incidents are behind almost one-third of motor vehicle fatalities.
So, although speeding and breaking the rules can be fun, it’s something that you shouldn’t take lightly. When you go beyond the speed limit, you’re breaking the law. You’re also subjecting your life and the lives of others to danger.
Safety while driving includes paying attention to other drivers and pedestrians. You should be fully alert and focused on the road ahead of you because your life and the lives of others might be at stake.
You can keep these quotes on your wall or desk as a reminder to always follow the rules. If you know someone who has just received a speeding ticket or got fined because they were driving recklessly, printing one of these quotes on a t-shirt, might make them reconsider their behavior.
Finally, collecting some of these safety quotes in a book can be a heartfelt gift to someone who is getting their license for the first time. It also shows how much you care about them and their safety.
- Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary…that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
- Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. – Mac McCleary
- The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses. – Mario Andretti
- Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. – Unknown Author
- The driver that you sell on safety shouldn’t be driving. – Kyle Petty
- Baseball is like driving, it’s the one who gets home safely that counts. – Tommy Lasorda
- In driving, one assumes the danger of destroying life, beginning with one’s own. – Richard T. Kelly
- Don’t mix drinking and driving. – Unknown Author
- The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs, but when he obeys them. – Aiden Wilson Tozer
- The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it. – Dudley Moore
- Leave sooner, drive slower, and live longer. – Unknown Author
- Certified stunt drivers earn a living, unlawful dangerous driving will earn you a tragedy. – Wayne Chirisa
- Drive, don’t fly! – Unknown Author
- Driving at night is about communicating with lights. – Debi Tolbert Duggar
- We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world & the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend. – Robert Louis Stevenson
Humorous Driving Quotes
Image source: Pinterest
Driving is one of the most liberating and fun experiences, and several quotes prove this theory. As you explore new places and discover new destinations, you can get your mind off some annoying thoughts and live in the moment.
Drivers think of long drives as entertaining journeys, and you can do many things to make any road trip more fun. One of them could be sharing these funny driving quotes with your travel partner.
- When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife. – Prince Philip
- Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? – George Carlin
- Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves? – Robin Williams
- You know your driving is terrible when your GPS says, ‘After 300 feet, stop and let me out!’ – Unknown Author
- Drive slow and enjoy the scenery, drive fast and join the scenery. – Douglas Horton
- Never have more children than you have car windows. – Erma Bombeck
- It’s my car now, but as soon as it’s fixed, it will be my daughter’s again. – Jeff Stahler
- Aerodynamics is for people who can’t build engines. – Enzo Ferrari
- Money may not buy happiness, but I’d rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus. – Francoise Sagan
- A critic is a man who knows the way but can’t drive the car. – Kenneth Tynan
- A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places. – Tom Lichtenheld
- Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn’t block traffic. – Dan Rather
- You know, somebody complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ‘Parking Fine.’ – Tommy Cooper
- Money can’t buy happiness, but love can’t buy Ferrari, either. – Unknown Author
- To attract men, I wear a perfume called a new car interior. – Rita Rudner
- We aren’t addicted to oil, but our cars are. – James Woolsey
- There’s no way we could take cars off the planet and not have our society fall apart. So they’re a necessary evil, in that sense. – Lindsay Wagner
- I don’t need a driver’s license to drive people crazy. – Unknown Author
- A car is like a mother-in-law – if you let it, it will rule your life. Jamie Lerner
- When it comes to cars, only two varieties of people are possible – cowards and fools. – Russell Baker
Driving is one of the most liberating experiences, and everyone can relate to it differently. So, whether you think of driving as pushing through life to reach your goals, focusing on safety, or seeing the funny side of it, there will be a cool quote to relate to.
Not all these quotes are meant to be for mere entertainment, as some of them are said by some of the greatest racing car drivers and automotive experts. So, listen to what they have to say about cars. They might change your perspective on driving and how you deal with your vehicle.